Cancer Therapies, by Chelsea Kent
"Cancer" defines a category of diseases with similar qualities. Like breeds of dogs and cats they can be very different. A Chihuahua and a Great Dane are both "dogs" but are very different. Similarly, Glioblastoma and Leukemia are both "cancers" but are very different. Requiring different tests and different treatments to eliminate or slow. Not every treatment is right, or even necessary, for every cancer. This document is designed to assist you in doing more research on the type of cancer that you are specifically dealing with. You may need to work in tandem with your veterinarian, or travel distances, in order to attain some of these tests or treatments in your area.
Available and Valuable Tests:
- Hemoglobin A1C & Glucose – Chronically elevated serum glucose & HgA1C levels are often an indicator of propensity for, or existence of, cancer as glucose is a primary fuel/food source for most cancers.
- Imaging – Imaging is one of the most important tools for identifying a cancer’s location and load. PET-CT is most effective for identifying the smallest tumor loads. MRI, CT and Ultrasound are capable of showing location and load of moderately small to large masses. X-Ray can show many types of larger masses as well as locations of bone cancers. Older machines (or CT/MRI with fewer “slices”) are less sensitive and less able to clearly see tumors. It is valuable to ask how old the machine is and how it compares to the current “best” machines available. If no “best” machine is available you may consider requesting discounted imaging.
- Calcium – A CBC (Comprehensive Blood Count) will show calcium in levels in your pet. Some cancers cause hypercalcemia, or elevated calcium levels which are often an indicator of the presence of cancer cells as well as a need for additional diagnostics.
- Bone Marrow or Punch Biopsy or Aspiration – If there are cancer indicators in blood tests, a biopsy of the affected tissues will be necessary to verify cancer, malignancy and identify what kind it is and how to treat it appropriately.
- Nagalase – Nagalase (N-acetyl-galactosamine) is an endogenous enzyme that plays a role in sugar metabolism. It is reported that tumors can produce Nagalase and that nagalase-mediated immune-suppression in cancer patients contributes to the growth of the existing tumor and the formation of metastases. (https://nagalase-test.de/en/questions-and-answers/)
- ENOX (Ecto-Nox) 2 – The ONCOblot blood test identifies a specific type of protein in the blood, ENOX2, which exists only on the surface of a malignant cancer cell. The ENOX2 proteins are shed into the circulation and can be detected in the blood. These proteins serve as highly sensitive markers for confirmation of cancer presence.
- Serum Vitamin D testing – Vitamin D helps moderate minerals and improve immune function. Studies show that Vitamin D deficiency is almost always associated with cancerous conditions. Synthetic supplementation can be dangerous if current blood levels are not known. Testing is required to ensure dosage is appropriate and effective.
- Blood protein testing – This electrophoresis test examines various proteins in blood and can aid in detecting certain abnormal immune system proteins (immunoglobulins) that are sometimes elevated in those with multiple myeloma.
- Tumor marker tests - Tumor markers are chemicals made by tumor cells that can be detected in blood. However, tumor markers are also produced by some normal cells in the body, and levels may be significantly elevated in noncancerous conditions. This limits the potential for tumor marker tests to help in diagnosing cancer. The best way to use tumor markers in diagnosing cancer hasn't been determined. And the use of some tumor marker tests is controversial. Examples of tumor markers include prostate-specific antigen (PSA) for prostate cancer, cancer antigen 125 (CA 125) for ovarian cancer, calcitonin for medullary thyroid cancer, alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) for liver cancer and human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) for germ cell tumors, such as testicular cancer and ovarian cancer.
- EDS (Electrodermal Screening) Bio Survey- identifies cancer cascade
- Circulating Tumor Cells & Test - (CTCs) are cells that have detached from the primary tumor and flow into the blood or lymphatic circulation creating a secondary tumor. Despite their rare population, these cells exhibit metastatic attributes and are related to cancer progression. G.C.C. Group has developed CTC tests that can detect different types of cancer, in particular breast, prostate and colorectal. (https://www.rgcc-group.com/)
Oncocount - reports Circulating Cancer Tumor Cells (CTC). It enumerates only the progenitor cells that are relevant to potent relapse and recurrence of the disease.
Oncotrace - reports CTC's, and any positive Circulating Cancer Stem Cells (CSC) and the immunophenotype of these cells, which may identify their origin.
Oncotrail - tests for a specific type of malignancy such as breast cancer, prostate, sarcoma, and so on. This test includes only markers relevant for a specific type of malignancy which make the test a good tool for follow up control.
- Immune-Frame - Immune-Frame uses specific cellular markers and cytokine production to detect the type or types of cells that are responsible for the activation or repression of the immune system of a patient. Two different assays are used for the result export. ELISA assay is used for the detection of cytokines produced by specific cells in serum sample. On the other hand, flow cytometry is used for the enumeration of specific markers on peripheral blood cells.
- Supportive Oligonucleotide Technique (SOT) - In this case the patients’ blood is used to make SOT by using the mRNA to induce certain gene expressions. SOT has the ability to induce apoptosis in the CTCs and all primary and metastatic tumors. It can also be used for viruses.
- Chemosensitivity Testing - There is a growing interest in personalized cancer treatments and the identification of suitable treatments that may work for each cancer patient. Chemosensitivity testing is one method of doing this. Oncologists primarily rely on the statistical analysis of large treatment trials to decide which drugs to use for specific cancers. Chemosensitivity testing involves testing an individual’s cancer cells in the laboratory to identify which drugs and natural substances demonstrate the best response. The G.C.C Group test is a blood test (or in some cases tissue tests). Tumor cells are identified and isolated from the sample for the following analysis:
Viability testing of chemotherapy drugs
• Genetic profiling for guidance about targeted therapies e.g. monoclonal antibodies
• Viability testing (and identification of mechanisms of action), of natural substances which may be used as part of a complementary treatment strategy.
Our genetic make-up determines whether we are ‘accumulators’ or ‘rapid metabolizers’ of certain drugs. This can play a critical role in determining how effective a specific treatment is likely to be for us, and how significant the side effects will be.
Therapeutic concept - A tumor consists of several subgroups of cells (subpopulations) with different features. One of the subsets actually drives the progress of the disease, the resistance to therapy and the relapse. This subset is called “cancer stem cell like cells” or “tumor initiating cells.” When a patient is treated, cancer cells may be destroyed, then when the compatible diagnostic does not discover any signal, the cancer cells may consist a population of 109 to 1012 cells. This limit defines the remission stage of a patient. At that stage only the cancer stem cells may survive and colonize into distant organs and generate metastases in time. Hence the usage of our test is to detect in which therapeutic approach the cancer cell may respond and also during remission. It is essential to detect, discover and explore the features of the disseminated cancer stem cell like, in order to mitigate the risk of relapse and to generate options to treat even these kinds of cells. The main goal is to discover, analyze and screen the cancer cells in every step of the disease.
Onconomics – Provides information about the efficacy of specific drugs on the cancer cells derived from a single patient. The method incorporates two procedures, the epigenetic analysis and the viability assays, to validate the data. Usage of the test – Chemosensitivity for Cytotoxic drugs and targeted therapies (MOAB & TKI’s)
- Tu Onconomics Profile- includes chemosensitivity/chemoresistence assessment for cytotoxic drugs, monoclonal antibodies and small molecules that inhibit specific targets (TKI, etc). No natural substances tested. Like the previous, yet this assessment is based on 3 methods: direct cytotoxic effect, stimulation of the immune system, and the inhibition of proliferative signals in the cancer cells.
HOLISTIC TREATMENTS: *If marked, the associated product is available at Hero’s Pets.
Dr. Loren Nations, DVM is the most well-known holistic vet in the United States. He is located in Winter Haven, FL. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUJKr68rUk)
Other holistic vets you may consider following online or contacting are:
Dr. Barbara Royal (Chicago), Dr. Natasha Lilly (Southern California), Dr. Karen Becker (Arizona/Illinois/Canada), Dr. Doug Kneuven, Dr. Ron Schultz, Dr. Jean Dodds.
There is little to no regulation limiting vets from calling themselves "holistic." Be careful in choosing a vet. Ensure that they are willing to do what's right for your pet, not just what they know - some vets are opposed to necessary treatments such as pharmaceuticals, whole/fresh foods (including raw milk products), or therapies that they don't have access to. Interview your vet before choosing them.
- **Ketogenic Diet – Research done at KetoPet Sanctuary validated that a Ketogenic Diet has the ability to improve and/or eliminate hard tumor cancers, improve the efficacy of other therapies (holistic and allopathic) and prevent metastases. For more information see https://ivcjournal.com/author/ckent/
- **Raw Milk Diet – In some cases, the body does not have the energy or resources to metabolize and/or utilize foods and supplements. Like breast feeding an infant, a quality, properly done raw milk diet is capable of providing complete nutrition while not taxing an already struggling system, thus improving cancer outcomes. For more information see https://www.answers4veterinarians.com/cancer
- MetCon – Metabolic Conditioning can help prevent cancer related muscle loss and can boost the immune system while fighting cancer. Exercising your pet 20-30 minutes, 2x/day can greatly benefit their health. MetCon regimens should be based on the individual’s physical abilities or limitations.
Nutraceutical Therapies – (Hero’s Pets is able to make custom blends of many of these items to make them more affordable and easier to use)
- *Yunnan Baiyao – Yunnan Baiyao is not known for killing cancer – however, it is highly effective in preventing rapid internal (or external) bleeds. Hemangiosarcoma of the Heart, Spleen or Liver, as well as externally visible Mast Cell Cancers notoriously bleed. Often, the bleeding is the cause of death, not the cancer. Regular use of Yunnan Baiyao can improve longevity while you treat your pet with other therapies.
- *BCAA – Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine) have the ability to help prevent cachexia, also called muscle wasting, which is common in cancer patients.
- *PolyMVA – Studies show that PolyMVA most greatly benefits sarcomas and osteosarcomas in dogs and lymphoma and leukemia in cats. Additionally, it helps produce energy in the body, prevents cell damage, assists in detoxification, prevents Vitamin B-12 deficiency, and enhances white blood cell function. For more information see https://polymva.com/why/
- *CBD and THC Supplementation – The cannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD) can decrease uncomfortable symptoms associated with cancer, such as inflammation, pain, bone loss, anxiety, etc. Alternatively, THC is chemotactic, or capable of killing cancer cells directly. Please ask us for support on ensuring that you’re using the correct CBD supplement and, if you choose to use a THC product, we can help ensure the dosing is appropriate.
- *Berberine and Cinnamon – (may be given in conjunction with Metformin if desired) These herbs help decrease insulin and glucose levels which can starve many types of tumors. Hero’s Pets sells Elemental Provisions Dia-Sweet-Ease for glucose, insulin and HgA1C regulation.
- Curcumin (turmeric root isolate) – Curcumin is a component of Turmeric Root. It has anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral benefits. It modulates growth factors, enzymes, transcription factors, cytokines and proapoptotic and antiapoptotic proteins. It’s particularly beneficial for Lung, Blood, Digestive System, Prostate, Head/Neck/Throat/Mouth and Malignant Mesothelioma cancers. Hero’s Pets sells Elemental Provisions Turmeric/Ginger to improve curcuminoid absorption.
- Resveratrol – Resveratrol may prevent certain cancer cells from dividing, enhance chemotherapy or radiation effects, or protect against radiation side effects. It is particularly beneficial for Skin, Breast, Prostate, Colorectal, Liver, Pancreatic, Lung and Head/Neck/Throat/Mouth cancers.
- *Niacinamide – This B-Vitamin uniquely helps to metabolize the damaging effects of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (such as those found in most refined fish oils) in the body. It improves liver function, prevents damage to the heart and wards off cancer by improving metabolic efficiency in elimination of harmful free radicals and toxins.
- *”Beta-Glucans,” in Turkey Tail (and other) Mushrooms – Polysaccharopeptides (PSP) and polysaccharide-K (PSK) found in certain mushrooms appear to inhibit the growth of some cancer cells as well as stimulate the immune system, especially when combined with other anticancer therapies.
- *EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) – Found most commonly in Green Tea, this plant component promotes cancer cell destruction, particularly in Colon, Kidney, Breast and Brain cancers as well as Leukemia.
- *Artesunate / Artemisinin – Also known as Wormwood, this herb has anti-angiogenic and growth inhibition effects on cancer. It also mediates cellular damage from free radicals, particularly in iron-rich cells.
- *Colostrum – Also called Bovine Lactoferrin (bLF) or “mother’s first milk” this anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenic natural substance is known to have anti-microbial and immunoprotective effects. It enhances the cell killing activity of cytotoxic T and Natural Killer (NK) cells.
- *Colloidal Silver – Generally used as an antimicrobial and disinfectant agent, Colloidal Silver has also been proven to have cytotoxic effects on MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Also, in some cases, infection in the liver can manifest similar to Lymphoma. Treatment with Colloidal Silver has the potential to eliminate the infection and the perceived cancer.
- *Cat’s Claw – This herb can reduce the adverse effects of chemotherapy, decrease inflammation, improve immune markers, and restore cellular DNA damage.
- *Homeopathics – Homeopathics merge nature’s substances with the body’s ability to recognize miniscule levels of these substances to gain insight and knowledge into how to better deal with functional issues and disease states, particularly when the body is at its weakest. Particular remedies must be identified on an individual basis. https://www.cancercenterforhealing.com/live-cell-therapy.html
- Calcium EDTA – This heavy metal chelation therapy removes lead, iron (which is often contaminated with lead and arsenic), cadmium and other toxins from the body, thus reducing cancers by catalyzing free radical pathology. Additional similar substances include Chlorella and Montmorillonite. Please contact us about safe sourcing and use.
- Sodium Bicarbonate – In some cases, baking soda can be useful in cancer treatment by targeting intratumor lactic acidosis-transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) (often associated with parathyroid, liver, thyroid and other endocrine tumors – generally indicated by hypercalcemia). It reduces the formation of spontaneous metastases and the rate of lymph node involvement. Baking soda supplementation can force proper metabolic use of calcium, carbon dioxide, magnesium and pyruvate. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7249593/
- O.D. – Superoxide Dismutase play an essential physiological role in mitigating deleterious effects of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). ROS are determinants of cellular signaling – therefore, excessive levels of ROS in the body will increase cancer signaling and travel throughout the body and prevent proper cellular function and survival.
- Vitamin D – As stated above, Vitamin D deficiency is common in cancer patients. Blood tests must be done to identify safe dosing unless the supplement is a whole food source such as Solutions liquid products.
Lymphatic therapy – Lymphatic Massage Drainage (MLD) stimulates the lymph system, draining stagnant fluids, detoxifying and regenerating tissues to maintain a healthy immune system. https://www.cancercenterforhealing.com/lymphatic-therapy.html
IV or Injectable Therapies -
- Mistletoe Extract Injections (VAE) - This is one of the most widely studied complementary therapies for cancer. This therapy may be effective against hard tumors and should be done by a trained professional (ask for credentials) as side effects may occur. (https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/mistletoe-pdq)
- High-dose Vitamin C Therapy with K3 and other additives - some tumors produce larger amounts of catalase which neutralizes the oxidizing effect of hydrogen peroxide. Also, there is sometimes an insufficient number of catalysts to promote the transfer of electrons. Or there is sometimes an insufficient amount of oxygen in the extracellular space, which is needed in order for Vitamin C to produce hydrogen peroxide. Vitamin K3 is a synthetic form of K1 and K2, to block the production of catalase within tumors which can allow Vitamin C therapy to be used in pre and post treatment for low dose chemotherapy as it prevents metastasis. This addition will markedly potentiate generation of hydrogen peroxide tumors, enabling a more substantial cell kill in those cancers that are sufficiently low in catalase activity. This method of treatment is known to temporarily degrade quality of life ... it's a tough treatment... but if you have a young pet the long-term results may be worth it.
- Ozone therapy and Autohemotherapy – a non-conventional form of medicine that has been used successfully in the treatment of ischemic disorders and tumor hypoxia. This can be applied orally, rectally, or via respiratory pathways. Additionally, via autohemotherapy one can withdrawal blood, introduce Ozone or Homeopathics, and reinject it back into the body. This treatment is likely ineffective if not done in conjunction with a Ketogenic Diet. This therapy has also shown to be less effective than HBOT (however, it is also less expensive and more accessible). Also, this therapy should only be done in conjunction with Molecular Hydrogen Therapy and effects are boosted when given with S.O.D as well. http://issels.com/treatment-summary/autohemotherapy/
- Insulin Potentiated Targeted Low Dose (IPTLD) Chemotherapy - created in 1940, where 1/10th of the normal chemothrapeutic dose can be administered via enhanced insulin infusion. Cancer has 10x the insulin receptors of normal cells. By combining chemotherapy with insulin the drugs become targeted to the cancer site thus decreasing circulation throughout the body and therefore decreasing toxic effects of chemotherapy. (https://www.anoasisofhealing.com/ipt-low-dose-chemotherapy/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNDzmMfU5wIVDdbACh1SPQytEAAYASAAEgL-OfD_BwE)
Pharmaceutical & Alopathic Options – ** If marked, Hero’s Pets can help guide you through the associated therapy
- Metformin – this pharmaceutical medication may prevent or lower the risk of breast, pancreatic, colon and hepatocellular (liver) cancers and metastases by assisting in the regulation and elimination of cancer-feeding sugars.
- Trental(Pentoxifylline) - Combined with HBOT and Nutraceuticals, this drug improves blood flow by thinning it. (https://www.rxlist.com/trental-drug.htm#description)
- Rapamycin and mTOR inhibitors - most commonly used to prevent organ transplant rejection, rapamycin has shown promise as a cancer treatment option by inhibiting mTOR complexes 1 and 2. mTOR signals cancer pathways, thus promoting metastases. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5007757/)
- Doxycycline – This pharmaceutical targets cancer-associated infections, which has been shown in many cases to lead to a complete pathological response (CPR) or “remission” in patients with MALT Lymphoma (mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue – originating from marginal zone B-cells) when micro-organisms are not present. It has shown promise when treating breast, lung, ovarian, pancreatic and prostate carcinomas, glioblastoma and melanoma.
- Panacur – This pharmaceutical is primarily used as an anti-parasitic. However, studies show that it has anti-tumorigenic effects, likely through its anti-microtubule activity, meaning it interferes with cellular structures that help move and grow cancer cells.
- Benedryl – While Benadryl does not kill cancer cells, histamine affected cancerous tumors such as rapidly growing Mast Cell tumors can be acutely reduced with Benadryl. A beneficial alternative is Ginseng, or medicinal mushrooms.
- Anthelmintic Mebendazole (MBZ) – This pharmaceutical is often used on cancers that are resistant to approved therapies, including “cancer stem cells.” It exhibits cytotoxic activity and synergizes with ionizing radiations and other chemotherapeutic agents thus stimulating improved antitumoral immune responses. Alone or in combination with chemotherapy it has lead to the reduction or complete arrest of tumor growth, marked decrease of metastatic spread and improvement of survival.
- Dichloroacetate (DCA) – This pharmaceutical targets metabolism of tumor cells and has shown to be most effective in conjunction with conventional therapies such as chemo and radiation. However, it has neurotoxic effects and should be used with care.
- Cox-2 Inhibitors – This category of pharmaceuticals promotes angiogenesis, tissue invasion of tumors and resistance to apoptosis and chemotherapy. It promotes NK (natural killer) and T cells, thus potentially overcoming tumors. Turmeric/curcumin is a natural COX-2 inhibitor.
- ALA IV/Naltrexone- (LDN = low dose naltrexone therapy) is used as a long-term stabilization and/or gradual reduction of tumor mass volume by enducing metenkephalin (an endorphin produced in large amounts in the adrenal medulla) and beta endorphin in the blood stream, increasing the number and density of opiate receptors on the tumor cell membranes by making them more responsive to the growth-inhibiting effects of the already-present levels of endorphins, which induce apoptosis in cancer cells, and increases the natural killer (NK) cell numbers and activity. Cancers that respond to this therapy include bladder, breast, carcinoid, colon & rectal, glioblastoma, liver, lung (non-small cell), lymphocytic Leukemia (chronic), Lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and non), malignant melanoma, multiple myeloma, neuroblastoma, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, renal cell carcinoma, throat and uterine. (https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-7399/naltrexone-oral/details)
- 3-Bromopyruvate (3BrPA) - Tumor formation and growth depend on various biological metabolism processes that are distinctly different with normal tissues. Abnormal energy metabolism is one of the typical characteristics of tumors. It has been proven that most tumor cells highly rely on aerobic glycolysis to obtain energy rather than mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) even in the presence of oxygen, a phenomenon called “Warburg effect”. Thus, inhibition of aerobic glycolysis becomes an attractive strategy to specifically kill tumor cells, while normal cells remain unaffected. In recent years, a small molecule alkylating agent, 3-bromopyruvate (3-BrPA), being an effective glycolytic inhibitor, has shown great potential as a promising antitumor drug. Not only it targets glycolysis process, but also inhibits mitochondrial OXPHOS in tumor cells. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6468516/
HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) - Through breathing and skin absorption of pure oxygen in a pressurized room, patients lungs and blood plasma can gather up to 3 times more oxygen than would be possible breathing pure oxygen at normal air pressure. The patients’ blood and plasma carries this pure oxygen throughout the body to stimulate the release of growth factors and stem cells. This form of therapy has been shown to have no effect on cancer if not done in conjunction with a Ketogenic Diet. Results are impressive, though, when done with a Ketogenic Diet. This therapy also improves the efficacy of chemotherapy by more than 25% and reduces healing time. This therapy is significantly more effective than Ozone on cancerous tumors. Further, the correct protocol must be adhered to in order to attain results. Contact Teri Swanson for details. (http://www.hbot2go.org/about-us.html)
Light Beam Generator with Ozone – (LBG) assists with Lymphatic System Detoxification Therapy by relieving lymphatic congestion and toxicity issues. As the lymph is responsible for moderating immunological support elements (macrophages, T-cells, B-cells, lymphocytes, etc) to fight virus, fungus and bacteria, combining this toxin releasing therapy with Ozone to boost the body’s ability to fight these invaders is beneficial in preventing the accumulation or damaging effects of pathogenic material. https://southfloridawellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ST8_Booklet.pdf https://www.cancercenterforhealing.com/light-beam-generator-therapy.html
Next Generation Pulsed Electromagnetic Filed Therapy (PEMF) & Class IV Laser – PEMF concentrates nutrients in the tumor area and promotes increased exchange by electrically opening and closing both cancerous and healthy cells. The uptake of nutrients boosts the function of the healthy cells and weakens the cancer, while the elimination of wastes detoxifies the area and promotes proper cellular metabolism. PEMF has been found to shrink melanomas by 90% within 2 weeks of treatment. Meanwhile, laser therapy dilates small blood and lymphatic vessels around the tumor site, allowing the tumor to uptake higher concentrations of Vitamin C and Oxygen, both of which are toxic to cancer. It is important to note that Laser Therapy has the potential to rapidly increase tumor growth. There are some beneficial applications but laser therapy should not be done unless the veterinarian is well-experienced, knowledgeable about the specific cancer and tumor of your pet, and has reason to believe that your specific pet with their specific cancer will benefit from the treatment. Otherwise, the cancer may become significantly worse rapidly enough that it is unrecoverable.
Hyperthermia – I-Wave is a thermowave system that uses ultra-high radiofrequency to penetrate biological tissues and act on the smallest parts of the body, the cells. This ultra-low frequency of the main beam allows hyper-vascularization penetration through epidermal layer and into the cells. This delivers high concentrations of heat to targeted cancer cells, without harming the patient. The ultra-low frequency induces stimuli on cell membrane permeability and polarity. https://www.cancercenterforhealing.com/hyperthermia-therapy.html
What should you NOT be giving your pet if they have cancer?
- High-heat processed foods such as kibble, canned and other “junk” foods or treats – Just like humans, high-heat processed junk foods increase homocysteine, carcinogen consumption, free radical consumption and production and so on. Consuming a fresh food diet is known to improve quality of life and longevity in healthy and disease states.
- Processed Oils and Fats – Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA) are metabolically damaging. Oxidation contributes a massive load of free radicals and the liver is minimally capable of properly metabolizing PUFA. Chronic use of certain fish, vegetable or other unsaturated oils can lead to cancer, heart disease, intestinal inflammation, hormonal imbalance, etc. We recommend Solutions Fish Broth or Coconut Oil instead, and Niacinamide to assist in the metabolism (and decrease the damage done by) any PUFA consumed anywhere in the diet.
- If surgery is expected, or if there is a bleeding tumor, do not give blood thinning herbs or medications
- Carbohydrates or Sugars – Most cancers prefer sugar/carbs as a food source. Eliminating these macronutrients from the diet helps starve cancer cells – making therapies more effective. Ask us to help if you need to calculate the amount of carbohydrates you’re currently feeding, or would like to feed, your pet.