CocoTherapy Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 100% Pure
- Fresh Harvested and opened between 4-8 hours of harvesting
- Air-Dried in a Cold, Dry Environment
- USDA Certified Organic
- Non-GMO (genetically modified organism)
- Cold Pressed (Low-Processing Temperature of ~100 degrees F)
- NO Trans Fat
- NO Hydrogenated Fat (Hydrogenated oils are molecularly changed oils by processing, heat, solvents, and other chemicals.)
- Vacuum Dried to Correct Moisture Content (0.02-0.08% moisture (vs other brands that average over twice that) to ensure the oil is less susceptible to oxidation, bacteria and the breakdown of triglycerides.
- Reduces our need for vitamin E
- May provide a significant source of antioxidants
- It is 50 times more potent than Vitamin E
- It is 15 times more potent than carrots
- It is 300 times more potent than tomatoes
Virgin Coconut Oil is the richest natural source of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), which is a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA). Most of coconut oil's health benefits come from medium-chain fatty acids. Medium-chain fatty acids consists of caprylic (C8:0), capric (C10:0) and lauric (C12:0) acids.
LAURIC ACID - Coconut oil is about 50% lauric acid, and the only other abundant source found in nature is in human breast milk. Dr. Mary Enig, a Ph.D. nutritionist/biochemist and one of the world's leading authorities on fats and oils, states, "Lauric acid in coconut oil is formed into monoglyceride monolaurin in the human or animal body. Monolaurin is the antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal monoglyceride used by the human or animal to destroy lipid coated viruses such as HIV, herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, various pathogenic bacteria including listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some studies have also shown some antimicrobial effects of lauric acid."*
HEALTHY WEIGHT - Researchers now know that weight loss associated with coconut oil is related to the length of the fatty acid chains contained in coconut oil. Coconut oil primarily consists of medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs). These triglycerides can support a healthy metabolism because they are so easily digested and converted into energy. These medium chain fatty acids are different from the common longer chain fatty acids found in other plant-based oils. Most vegetable oils as well as animal fats (such as pork or beef) are composed of longer chain fatty acids (LCTs) which also makes them unstable and prone to oxidation. LCTs are typically stored in the body as fat, while MCTs are burned for energy. Coconut oil also slows down the digestion of food, which helps one feel fuller after a meal. This uniformly helps support healthy blood sugar metabolism after a meal by slowing the rate carbohydrates are broken down into blood glucose.
Compare Coconut Oil to Unsaturated Fats such as Fish Oil, Hemp Oil, Olive Oil or Avocado Oil - The unsaturated oils in some cooked foods become rancid in just a few hours, even at refrigerator temperatures, and are responsible for the stale taste of left-over foods. Alternatively, Coconut Oil has been kept at room temperature for over a year has been tested for rancidity, and showed no evidence of it.
Recommended amount to give:
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) per 10 pounds (5kg) of body weight, or
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) per 30 pounds (13.6 kg) of body weight.
- Start slowly for sensitive pets, and build up slowly.
- Use similarly for cats and other animals.
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil contains 125kcals. Ensure that these calories are calculated into total caloric intake and food products are reduced to accommodate. Overfeeding often causes diarrhea or weight loss.
CocoTherapy products are NEVER manufactured or processed in facilities that process and uses dairy, eggs, fish, peanuts, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat. If you or your pets are allergic to any of these products, you can be assured that CocoTherapy is safe for you and your pets.
* Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol, By Dr Mary Enig (Bethesda Press, May 2000). About Dr. Mary Enig: PhD. University of Maryland biochemist and dietary fats researcher. Enig is the co-founder, Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of The Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF).
Ultra Potency MCT Oil plus Lauric Acid
TriPlex™ MCT-3 Oil is a unique blend of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) oil, with higher levels of Caprylic Acid and Capric Acid, PLUS Lauric Acid. Unlike other MCT oils, TriPlex MCT-3 is 100% pure and natural, thus retaining the smell and taste of fresh coconut oil. Other brands of MCT oils are refined and deodorized, and do not have the natural smell or taste of coconut. In addition to this, other brands do not contain Lauric Acid.
When consumed, MCTs are broken down into individual medium chain fatty acids. Due to its unique properties, MCTs are rapidly absorbed and highly digestible. Most of these medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) go directly to the liver where they are converted into ketones. Ketones are a high-potency fuel that can cross over the blood-brain barrier and nourish the brain.
Because the Caprylic and Capric acids in TriPlex MCT-3 oil is rapidly broken down and used as instant energy, it is highly beneficial for athletic dogs, sporting dogs, show dogs and any dog that needs an immediate energy boost. In addition to the Caprylic and Capric acids, the presence of Lauric Acid further reduces fatigue, and is perfect for older dogs or low-energy dogs that need more prolonged energy.
TriPlex™ MCT-3 Oil has a whopping 7000 mgs of Caprylic Acid, giving it powerful antifungal properties. It protects against yeast overgrowth, prevents and treats yeast infections, kills candida yeast cells (gut and skin), providing added digestive support and skin health.
TriPlex™ MCT-3 Oil is highly stable and resists oxidation to protect cells from damaging free radicals.