Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- 1-inch cuts of freeze dried spinach.
- Excellent source of vitamins A, C, and Fiber
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is, right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our spinach is used as a side dish as well as in salads, dips, pasta dishes, and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening. Bulk orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a dry snack or add to pasta dishes or dips.
- Add while cooking or hydrate by soaking for 5-10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 2 cups dry with less than 4% moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried spinach, once rehydrated, equals approximately 11 lbs of fresh prepared spinach.
Storage — Tastes best if used within 24 months of purchase. Store tightly sealed and minimize exposure to heat and humidity.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 2 cups
Fat Cal. 11
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||2%||Total Carb. 12g||4%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||37%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 1g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 10g|
|Vitamin A 460% • Vitamin C 160% • Calcium 34% • Iron 52%|