Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- Freeze dried okra.
- Excellent source of vitamin A and C.
- Certified Kosher by Blue Ribbon Kosher.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our okra is often used in salads and veggie trail mixes, as well as in soups and stews.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening. Bulk orders use sealed plastic bag inside sturdy cardboard box.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a dry snack or add to veggie trail mixes.
- Use dry for a crunchy effect in salads and, while serving, cooked rice and cooked pasta.
- Add dry during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking soups and stews that have sufficient amounts of broth.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 3 cups dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried okra, once rehydrated, equals approximately 11 lbs of fresh prepared okra.
Storage — Best if used within 24 months of purchase. Store tightly sealed and minimize exposure to heat and humidity.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 3 cups
Fat Cal. 7
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||1%||Total Carb. 21g||7%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 7g||26%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 7g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 5g|
|Vitamin A 29% • Vitamin C 65% • Calcium 25% • Iron 10%|