Solutions Diatomaceous Earth
- Individually Hand-crafted
- Fair Trade for Life Certified Ingredients
- Certified Organic
- Hand-Selected Harvesting
- Zero-Waste Certified Business Ingredients
- Small Farmer Supportive
- NO Fillers, Ever!
- NO Preservatives
- NO Binders
- No Artificial or Natural Colors
- No Nuts, No Soy, No Wheat, No Corn... No nothing but medicinal herbs!
From the root word, “Diatom,” diatomaceous earth is a chalk-like powder sourced from a single-celled organism fossilized over thousands of years. It is found in dried-up lake beds then exposed to sedimentary silica deposits then mined and ground into a powder. This product is safe to use internally and externally around kids, dogs, cats, and other animals that don’t have an exoskeleton.
It is notoriously good for:
- Killing pests with exoskeletons (just like filing your nail) diatomaceous earth is able to “file” off the exoskeleton of bugs while not damaging soft tissues (like the skin or belly of your pet). This filing action causes bugs to dehydrate and die while leaving humans and animals unharmed. This works on Fleas, Bedbugs, Ticks, Cockroaches, Ants, etc.
- Diatomaceous Earth is an excellent source of Silica – builds skin, teeth, hair and nails.
- On the skin, Diatomaceous Earth acts as an oil binder, purifier and exfoliate.
- Reduces Cholesterol (studies showed a 13.2% decrease in cholesterol over 8 weeks)
Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth … and nothing else*
*Did you know that many Diatomaceous Earth products are diluted with salts or flours (such as wheat)?
Give 1/4 tsp per 10lbs of body weight once to twice per day
- Results may vary according to animal's diet and lifestyle. These products are not to be used in lieu of, but as a support to, proper veterinary care.
- The amount of time a product must be used before seeing results is heavily dependent on your pet's existing diet and current condition. Generally speaking, minimal results begin to occur between 1 dose and 3 weeks. Maximum results are often not achieved for about 3 months. In severe conditions or conditions where the pet is dependent solely on the effects of the supplement because the diet has not been improved to eliminate processed foods, this time may increase greatly.
- The cleansing response, aka healing crisis, is a process in which your pet's body begins releasing the toxins that have built up in their system over the years. The speed and severity of the cleansing response will vary by individual pet according to their age, diagnosis, lifestyle, severity of symptoms, etc.
- Symptoms of a cleansing response may include: increased shedding, panting, lethargy, excessive water consumption, slightly loose stools, dermatitis, and self-fasting. These symptoms are temporary and transitory. Not every pet will have a cleansing response.
These products are not intended to cure, treat, diagnose or prevent any disease and is not to be used in place of medical care.