A supplement for dogs and cats with seasonal allergies, Clear AllerQi cools the skin & harmonizes the body’s defenses to cope with allergic reactions due to environmental factors. This allergy support supplement helps maintain healthy skin and normal histamine levels, all while supporting the body’s detoxification process.
Active Ingredients: Proprietary blend of (Plantago, raw rehmannia root, alisma, scutellaria, gentian root, gardenia, bupleurum root, licorice root, angelica tang kuei, longan fruit, jujube seed)
Additional Ingredients in Tablets Only:
Inactive: hydroxypropyl cellulose, calcium carbonate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, magnesium stearate
- 5-10 lbs: ⅛ tsp twice a day
- 11-15 lbs: ¼ tsp twice a day
- 16-30 lbs: ½ tsp twice a day
- 31-80 lbs: 1 tsp twice a day
- 81-120 lbs: 1 ½ tsp twice a day
- >120 lbs: 2 tsp twice a day
- Not recommended for use in dogs weighing less than 5 lbs.
- 5-10 lbs: ¼ tablet twice a day
- 11-15 lbs: ½ tablet twice a day
- 16-30 lbs: 1 tablet twice a day
- 31-80 lbs: 2 tablets twice a day
- 81-120 lbs: 3 tablets twice a day
- >120 lbs: 4 tablets twice a day
Not recommended for use in dogs weighing less than 5 lbs.
Not for use in pregnant animals. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Not for use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia. Use caution with concurrent Cyclosporin use.
Actions of the Herbs
- Scutellaria: Drains fire and eliminates dampness
- Plantago: Drains heat from the upper burner and eliminates damp heat from the back half of the body.
- Alisma: Drains heat from the upper burner and eliminates damp heat from the back half of the body
- Gentian Root: Drains damp heat especially from the back half of the body
- Gardenia: Drains fire and eliminates dampness
- Bupleurum Root: Disperses heat from constrained liver Qi
- Raw Rehmannia Root: Protects the yin and blood
- Angelica Tang Kuei: Protects the yin and nourishes the blood
- Longan Fruit: Calms the spirit, nourishes the blood, tonifies and augments the heart and spleen
- Jujube Seed: Nourishes heart yin, augments the liver blood and quiets the spirit
- Licorice Root: Harmonizes and regulates the actions of the other herbs
A completely herbal formula, Clear AllerQi uses herbal properties to soothe the body during allergy season. Combining herbs that act to either drain and disperse heat, eliminate dampness, or nourish the bloodstream, this supplement can help ease the body’s over-reaction to environmental allergens.
During an allergic reaction, the allergic dog or cat has an excess of heat in the body, causing the redness, itchiness, sneezing or other symptoms so often accompanying an allergy. Scutellaria, Plantago, Alisma, Gardenia, and Gentian Root are all herbs that work within the body to drain this excess heat.
In the allergic animal, as the heat increases, it begins to burn off the fluids within the body, resulting in phlegm (often identified through a greasy coat or eye & ear discharge). Rehmannia Root, Angelica, Longan Fruit, and Jujube Seed are all included in Clear AllerQi to protect the fluids in the body, while other herbs work simultaneously to turn down the heat.
Longan Fruit and Jujube Seed also help to quiet the spirit in the dog or cat with excess heat. The excess heat in the body can translate to heightened stress for the animal, and these herbs help in calming the fire.